This is the time of year that everyone is making New Year’s Resolutions. We promise ourselves that we will lose weight. We promise ourselves that we will save more money. We even promise ourselves that we will exercise more. What if we make resolutions that we will do something to Save the Planet?
Here are some possible resolutions that will help Save the Planet:
- Don’t run the dishwasher until it is full.
- Bike more, drive less – Grab your helmet and get out and ride.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs – Save the Planet and save some money. Use LED light bulbs to replace all of your other light bulbs, they use 85% less energy than an incandescent bulb.
- Do not throw away old medications (including over the counter) – flushing or pouring medications down the sink puts those chemicals in our waterways and impacts our fishes. Call your local hospital to learn where to properly dispose of medications.
- Of course, my all-time favorite – Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
Each little thing that each of us does, gets us closer to our goal of reducing the effect of Climate Change and Saving the Planet.
Join me, and let’s do something every day!